Sunday, December 14, 2008

Babysitting Co-op Madness






Every Friday night we have our babysitting co-op, which is an opportunity for Camille and I to get out of the house and go on a date without the boys. We drop them off at one of 5 other families, and we just rotate. Just as a side note, and critically important for this story, each family has 4 kids except for us. So all you doing the math at home, that is 16 kids plus our 2. So in our home which is perfect for 2 kids, we have 18 running around every 5-6 weeks. Well it happened to be our turn this last week and I just thought it would be fun to show everyone a little glimpse into our experience. Here are all the kids sitting around are tiny table. They actually have to share chairs because we don't have enough, and some of them even sit on the floor. Then at the end of the night, after running around for 4 hours, here is the typical scene. 3 kids, which are not even mine and Brayden, sitting around me and one falling asleep on me waiting for their parents to come. So fun!! Also I couldn't help but get a picture of Brayden's new little girlfriend, Aubrey. Everytime we have this co-op at our house they play together the whole time and they always sit by each other when we watch movies. Don't worry, Brayden doesn't even realize what kind of trouble his charm will get him into in the future.


2 comments:

Kathryn Olsen said...

HAHA now this is a great post! 18 kids!! WOW!! That is quite a feat! I might go crazy but you guys look like your having fun. Oh and Brayden IS quite the charmer...keep your eye on him. Aubreys pretty cute though :)

Jacque said...

Hey Camille!

I didn't know you had a blog :) I totally love it! Just thought I'd say hi tho...your family is adorable!