Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fathers and Sons 09'


Brayden and I left Mom and Logan at home and headed up to Mount Lemmon for Fathers and Sons. Mount Lemmon is 8,000 feet above Tucson and is a beautiful area that we have gone the last 2 years. Brayden really enjoyed cooking marshmellows and finding sticks in the woods to throw in the fire. Since our Ward is fully stocked with 3-5 year olds, Brayden had lots of friends to play with. This year we were totally civilized and slept in the back of our new minivan. The only problem was that our air mattress went totally flat by midnight so I was sleeping on all the bumps in the floor. So it was as close to the outdoors ground as possible for me. Because my side was totally flat, Brayden's still had quite a bit of air in it so he had a nice comfortable sleep. In the morning we had to keep with tradition and play some wiffleball. I am not sure if that is spelled correctly but I decided that when I can't spell a word that I should just spell it how it sounds. Anyway, it was a great trip and next year I will bring both my boys.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the blog! Thanks for sharing. Fathers and sons sounds like some good memories with the boys. Those dang air mattresses, seems like they are always going flat when you need them most!!

Kathryn Olsen said...

How FUN!! That spot looks great, we should definitely plan a family camping trip there in the near future! Way to keep up on your blog Justin!

Steph said...

So neat! I used to love those Church camping trips!

Alicia Phelps said...

We love Mt. Lemmon! It is such a great spot! I'm so happy that you were able to go. I'm sure the memories will last a life time! Too bad your mattress gave out on you. Give your boys and that beautiful wife of yours a squeeze for me.