Monday, October 11, 2010

My Cali Surprise Trip

So I wake up on my birthday, which was August 28th by the way, and my wife says October 8th I will give you your present. So a month and a half later I wake up on "October 8th" at 4:30am to go play basketball, but no.......Camille tells me I need to get ready because we have to go. So I'm thinking 4:30am, wow this is going to be a long day! So after I get ready I am thinking we need to wake up Brayden and Logan but no, Camille took them the night before to my parents without my knowledge. So now I am thinking, WOW, she is getting very sneaky here. So then we start driving with Connor and end up meeting Kathryn at the Airport for the drop off. So she takes Connor and now it is just Camille and I walking into the airport to fly who knows where because she won't tell me. Then we get up to the ticket counter and the guy spoils the surprise!!! He says, "so you are flying out to SANTA BARBARA huh?!" And I say, "Uh, sure......" I have been to Santa Barbara one other time and loved it so I am very excited to go again. So after we take the flight and land Camille had arranged for a rental car by herself, with a little help from my Dad, which I was very impressed with by the way. Then we start driving and we end up at this hotel that is right on the beach looking over the ocean...HELLO!! Is there any better way to tell me that you love me.....NO!! Not only is the hotel right on the beach but it has complimentary breakfast, free jacuzzi, and complimentary beach cruisers! These are all required on my list for hotels to have by the way.... So she nailed it! She gave me the greatest surprise gift I have ever received. With the exception of Connor! Ha. But wait there is more....While we are sitting in our hotel room after taking a nap....What? That's right..a nap. A word I have seldom used over the past 5 years of our marriage but a word that I love nonetheless. So after this nap, she pulls out this paper and says, look at where we are going tonight! And I swear there were angels in the faint background singing Hallelujah as I opened the paper and saw......JASON MRAZ concert tickets!!! In two hours we were going to see Jason Mraz, one of my favorite musicians, and someone I had never seen before. What a gift! Well anyway, it was an amazing show. He brought out Colbie Caillat to sing "Lucky" with him, he sang "Im Yours" or course and was very engaging and fun throughout the whole night. We both even got Jason Mraz t-shirts as a souvenir from this trip.

We had so much fun together walking along the beach, riding our beach cruisers along the beach, relaxing by the pool and jacuzzi, shopping of coarse for Camille's sake, and just being together ALONE without kids, which a rarity. Thank you Camille for great trip and memory.

Here are some pictures and videos:









4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That sounds like a great birthday! Happy Birthday by the way. PS- I think you better hang on to that girl! :)

Heidi and Bryan said...

that looks like a blast!

Michelle said...

WOW!!! What a birthday present!! Great job Camille, sounds like you did everything just they way he likes. I know it is late, but Happy Birthday Justin!

Steph said...

WOW! SO awesome! Way to go Camille... lots of planning! Sounds like you two had a fabulous time! Love It!