Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Connor's Latest

I would say Connor's latest and greatest, but it seems that each new day brings something different and unique with this little man. This is the first boy we have had that has naturally been obsessed with balls since before he could even walk. With the others I have had to lay some sport influence to even get them to play baseball, basketball, football, etc. with me. But with Connor he is the one coming to me with a ball and then getting in position to catch it, throw it, hit it, or kick. In this portion of his life I couldn't be happier. In a lot of ways he reminds me of myself.

So with that background in mind, Grandma and Granddad came into town this week and noticed his love for all that is sports. So of coarse they decided to do something about it. So last night we went to Target and got him a little tikes basketball hoop and tee. If there was ever a boy who will thoroughly enjoy those gifts it is Connor. And he did not disappoint! From the moment we set up the hoop and tee he has been making baskets and hitting home runs. He was so excited that he even had to go to sleep with the basketball last night. As much as I tried to pry it from those tiny fingers he was not going to let it go. And then when I had broken down the cardboard box and was about to throw it away, he laid on top of it with his blanket to somehow protest and pay his last respect to the box that brought him the greatest gift he has received so far in his short little life.





The next on the list for him is his love for his new brother Dylan. As you might have seen in the last post where we had a video of Connor, he absolutely can't get enough of his brother Dylan. So the other day I had not seen Connor in a while and started searching for him. I never quite know where he might be hiding so I searched all over the house and outside. The last place I would possibly check would be in our room where Dylan was taking a nap. But as I walked in I was shocked when I saw Connor up inside the bassinett sitting with the baby laying between his legs :) It was a scary image but I quickly realized he was just trying to love this new little brother. When I walked up he was trying to get the pacifier in his mouth. What a great big brother!! I don't have pictures available from this one sorry.

Oh Connor, we love you more and more each day. You are hilarious.

1 comment:

Joyzelle said...

Connor is such a big boy now. He is the one that surprised me the most as I arrived to see how much he has grown into an adorable boy!! He is certainly not a baby anymore.