Monday, November 14, 2011

Drive In Movies

This last Saturday we converted our living room into a drive in movie theater. It was all Camille's idea, of coarse.... We made the kids cars on Friday night with wheels, steering wheel, headlights, and even a hole where they could stretch their legs. Then our kids creative minds kicked in and they cut some additional holes which included a cup holder, an Ipod holder, and radio. Not sure how we forgot those but our kids were there to help fill in the gaps. The Fishers came over to enjoy the night with us. Camille made up coupons for the kids and had a little snack bar as displayed below. They were able to get 2 cups of popcorn and 3 pieces of candy.

The featured film of the evening was Cars 2. Most of the kids stayed in their cardboard cars through the whole movie which was pretty impressive. It certainly turned out to be a fun movie night!!







4 comments:

Joyzelle said...

So fun so fun! My YW at our planning meeting in early November decided they wanted to do this next year too! So I guess this idea hits many ages. I will have to show them your super cars!!

Michelle said...

I love this! It looks like so much fun and that the kids were enjoying the "drive in." Camille, when I start having kids you are going to get many calls from me for ideas like this for me to with them. You are so creative! Your boys are smart, how could you forget the cup holder, ipod and radio? Lots of fun!

Steph said...

So cute! I remember doing drive in movies in homemade cars when I was like 8. Love it!

Lynette said...

I have been dying to do this for a group date! It is so good to know that it even works and is a great idea for kids! I love it! You all do such fun activities! Thank you for always showing us your creative ideas!!