Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ski Trip @ Brianhead



I was determined this year to get Brayden up to some ski resort to teach him how to ski. So when the Mendenhall's were in to join us, we quickly made a trip out of it. With about a week's preparation we decided to leave after work Thursday and drive to St. George, where we would stay at the Mendenhall's family vacation home. Then Friday morning we woke the boys up and headed up an hour to Brianhead.


Here is a video of Brayden coming down the hill with me. As you can tell from the video I took a fall because he was coming straight at me, but then recovered to finish the video... Couldn't miss this moment.



The day couldn't have been better. It had snowed earlier that week and on this particular Friday it was perfect blue skies the whole day. Brayden went in a class for the morning so I got to hang out with James for the first half of the day. We had fun racing down the mountain together and getting in as many runs as possible before lunch. Then we met up with Mark (Bishop) and David for lunch.

After lunch I grabbed Brayden from his lesson and we all went together for the rest of the day. Right when Brayden got with me he said, "how much longer do I have to go slow?" I said, "no longer buddy, let's go." He did awesome and I was so proud as a father watching him sailing down the mountain for the first time on ski's. That night we went to Pizza Factory, perfect for after snowboarding, and then hit up the jacuzzi. Could life get any better? I submit that it could not.

It was a great trip and so grateful that we were able to get to the mountains this winter. So grateful that the Mendenhall's were willing to come and let us use their house in St. George. Our kids had a lot of fun together and it was a great overall trip.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a fun trip! I can't believe Brayden is old/big enough to be skiing. Brayden you did awesome skiing in the video.