Saturday, January 21, 2012

Camille's Special Day



On January 2nd we celebrated Camille's 27th birthday. I had spent the prior few weeks coordinating with friends in our Ward and our babysitter to help with the kids. I had also booked a room at La Valencia Resort in La Jolla. Since moving here I have always loved visiting this hotel and wanted to show Camille the beauty of it. This resort sits right above the La Jolla Cove and overlooks the ocean. It is an Ecolab customer so we were able to get a nice deal on a room.

So after my Sunday meetings I came home and told Camille to pack her bags because we were leaving for a overnight trip. I always love surprises so throughout our marraige I have tried to have some fun ones for Camille along the way and she has done the same for me. She was totally surprised which made it so much better. Everyone did a great job of keeping their mouths shut. It was funny because a few days before this she had told me that all she wanted for her birthday was some time alone without the kids. So I knew the thought was inspired :)

It was a blast just being together alone and with Dylan of coarse. It's funny that now with 1 kid we feel like we are alone and really enjoy it. How perspective changes once you have 4 calling for your attention. When we got to the hotel I had arranged for her to be brought a complimentary desert. It was all fancy and even said "Happy Birthday" on the plate in cursive and in chocolate. She also got a specialized card which you will see in the pictures below. We slept in, walked and held hands, and enjoyed time in La Jolla. Then the next day we woke up and I went with her on a shopping spree. If you know my wife you will know that this is the key to any successful birthday, a shopping spree. So I knew I had to nail that one. Then after several hours, or maybe just a few, we came back home to reality.

What a blast it was to take time away with just us and Dylan, of course, and celebrate Camille's birthday. She works so hard as a mother to 4 - 5 boys (me included) that she deserved some time off. Thanks to all the families who helped watch our children.




Here's our hotel surroundings and a little note from the staff for Camille

No comments: